TERNE COATED STAINLESS STEEL OR COPPER
- The substrate for Independence Gray/TCS II Satin® is a Type 304 (Non Magnetic) Stainless Steel specially formulated for roll-forming.
- The substrate for Freedom Gray® is DHP Copper suitable for roll-forming.
- Both products are coated each side with Revere Copper Inc’s Z-T Alloy™ with a micro embossed finish.
Revere Copper Inc’s Terne Coated Stainless Steel (Independence Gray®) and Terne Coated Copper (Freedom Gray®) are considered to have one of the most corrosion resistant architectural surfaces available today (Patented hot dipped Z-T Alloy™ coating).
Terne is the name commonly used to refer to Revere’s Z-T Alloy™ (Zinc/Tin) coating, which is applied to either an easily formed Austenitic Stainless Steel or DHP Copper substrate. The minimum 13 micron Terne coating applied to both sides of the substrate creates a highly resistant barrier against corrosive environments. The Grey Terne finish weathers over time to a rich earth Grey patina similar to the finish historically achieved using Lead products.
This environmentally friendly Z-T Alloy™ coating was developed in the 1970’s to replace the popular Lead/Tin (Terne) coatings coatings used previously. The old Terne coatings were replaced due to health concerns over the Lead content.
During the advanced hot dipping process of Z-T Alloy™ coating an “inter-metallic zone is formed. This “blending” of the metals creates an unbreakable bond between alloy and substrate ensuring maximum corrosion protection with self healing properties.
- Superior corrosion resistance
- Extremely long service life, even in coastal environments
- Easily formed with standard machinery & tools
- Self healing surface protection
- Light weight / High yield strength
- Low coefficient of thermal expansion
- Easily soldered
- Low maintenance
- 100% Recyclable